Wednesday, June 26, 2013

"Turkish" Nails

   Sorry I haven't posted in forever! I've been super busy these past two weeks. I've been traveling some more, doing some design work for my church, and a billion other things. I didn't even have time to do anything more than put one color on my nails last week!
   Last week I was sitting in my room and I realized that I have a lot of dolls. Not a ridiculous amount, but a fair number. So I decided that I'm going to try and do a series based off of the dolls! I think it will be a good challenge for me; some of them are pretty easy to decide what to do, like this week's, but some of them will require some thought... So for this week I used a doll from American Girl's Girls of Many Lands collection. She is from 18th century Turkey (1720, I think). Her clothes are just gorgeous! Here are a couple pictures of her:



   Isn't she pretty?! For my nail design I mostly used the brocade as my inspiration. I pretty much just used Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold and Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Chocolate, with my usual base coat, Revlon Multi-Care Base + Top Coat. Here are some pictures:



   I tried to reproduce some of that faint gold design on the brocade, and it kind of worked. It's super hard to see though. In the second picture you can see it better than in the first, but the first has the more accurate color scheme. The dots on the other fingers were supposed to be the pearls that are in her hair, but white dots were super distracting, so I guess her white pearls were transformed to gold! :)

Hope you guys like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment