Thursday, July 4, 2013

4th of July

   Happy 4th to all of my American readers! I hope you all have a good one. I'm not doing much this year, but my neighbors have been shooting off fireworks all week!
   In honor of Independence Day, I of course have to make some sort of nail design. I didn't want to make the usual flag nails or anything though, I wanted to do something a little different. So I researched American Revolutionary War uniforms and found on that would be easily recognizable (the background picture here on Colonial Williamsburg's website is perfect!). Then I added fireworks and, as a last resort (my creativity was running low this week), I added some flags. But they aren't the usual flags! I wanted to make some older looking flags, but I didn't have the right color red. So instead I just made two flags that were shaped in a way that we don't usually see.
  

   And my pointer finger's nail is left blank, because I was a mess that day and my creativity levels were really suffering... Oh well!
  
   I used very few colors this week and they're pretty easy to pick out, so I'll just list them today.
      Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cherry Red
      Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out
      Covergirl Outlast Snowstorm
      Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold
      Maybelline Color Show Fierce N Tangy
      L.A. Colors Color Craze In A Flash
      Stripe Rite White
      Revlon Multi-Care Base+Top Coat

No comments:

Post a Comment