Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Candy Cane

   I had my wisdom teeth taken out yesterday, so for once I'm blogging on time! On Sunday I had a large order in my Etsy that was needed by Christmas. Since I was getting my wisdom teeth out I needed to have them dome Monday night so they could get shipped Tuesday before my mom and I left. I didn't think I would have time to paint my own nails, but I somehow managed to snatch the time to! It's a really simple design and it's not done the way I usually would go about it, but it works!

   I made some candy cane striped nails this week. No one is really going to see them, since I'll be home pretty much all week, but who cares!


   I just used a striper (Stripe Rite Red) this time since I was in a hurry. The lines are a little wonky, but not too bad for trying to multi-task on my nails and a fake set! My base coat was Finger Paints Paper Maiche.

   Usually when I paint stripes I use tape. But I was in a hurry and didn't have time to let the white dry long enough. I don't know if anyone else has this problem, but I have to let my base coat dry for a long time (I usually wait about a day just to be safe) before I use tape, other wise the polish peels off with the paint!

In other news, I've finally started up a Facebook page for my blog/Etsy! I'm having trouble getting the icon onto my blog page where my other links are, but it should be up soon since I have so much time at home now! Here's the link for now: www.facebook.com/OnceUponNails

Have a great week! If I don't blog before Christmas, have a wonderful Christmas guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment