Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Ombre

   My nails this week are a version of ombre. I can never get the sponging to work right, so I make mine in stripes instead.


   I have this set in my Etsy, in blue, grey, brown and purple. I blogged about the original set quite a few months ago. I was going to paint mine in blue, but I bought some new pinks the other week and I just had to use them!
  This design is super easy to make! You just pick any three colors in the same family (I used Finger Paints Paint Me Happy, Revlon Colorstay Passionate Pink, and Finger Paints Plum Perspective). Put some tape in the middle of your nail and paint the darkest on the bottom and the lightest on the top (or the other way around, it really doesn't matter). Once it's dry, carefully peel off the tape and paint the middle color in the gap. Once everything has dried, get a striper of some sort (I used Stripe Rite) and paint two stripes in between each color. Then seal it all with the top coat of your choice (I used Revlon Top + Base Coat).

   Short post tonight. I don't have too much to say this time. I'll have more news for you later, I've been busy with some custom sets that I'll have to show you guys. Here's a sneak peak (it's a kind of terrible picture, sorry guys!).


   Hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment