Sunday, April 20, 2014

Easter Nails

   I'm so excited to show you guys my Easter nails! I recently discovered a fabulous Etsy store that sells pysanka - Ukranian Easter eggs. I fell in love with them on the spot. I really wanted to buy one (I still do!) but I don't have the money for that sort of thing right now. If you don't know what they are, here are some pictures of some that I drew inspiration from.







   Aren't they all so pretty?! They make these by drawing the design with wax, and then dying the egg. It's more complicated than that, but that's the best way I can describe it. You'll have to look it up, it's pretty fascinating. I have a ton more on one of my Pinterest boards, if you want to check it out.
   For my nails, I couldn't choose just one egg to draw inspiration from. So I did the obvious thing and chose a different egg for each nail! It makes for a bit of a hodge podge, but I think they go together fairly well.



   This is by far the most detailed design I've done in a long time, maybe ever. I really like it! It took a really long time to do - it took me around 4 hours for both hands, I think; as usual, I didn't really time it.


   To make these designs I used acrylic paints and nail polishes. I tried out my new nail polish thinner and it makes it so much easier to make detailed designs! I had never thought about using a thinner, but when I was reading Will Paint Nails For Food's blog, she mentioned that she uses it for her more detailed designs, so I decided to try it out!
  I used mainly red, brown, and light blue acrylic paints, CoverGirl Outlast Out of the Blue, Maybelline Color Show Bold Gold, and my white and black Stripe Rite stripers.


   I think my favorites of the many designs are pointer finger on my left hand, and my pointer and middle finger on my right hand. If I ever get around to it (haha!) I think I'll make both my pointer fingers into their own full sets.

   I'm all out of updates until probably next week. I work a lot this week, so I have no idea when I'll be painting my nails again. I'm back on my Etsy-to-Fingers Project after this week's Easter nails. Have  a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment