Saturday, April 19, 2014

New Listings!

   I have a ton of new listings to show you guys. I have 8 new listings - 5 accents and 3 full sets. It sounds like I've been really busy, but most of these came from doing some cleaning out. I keep all of the nails that I experiment on, so it makes a huge pile! I was going through them to see if found anything to recreate and I found several that I wanted to do more with. I made accent sets out of 5 of them and kept some others out to make into full sets. The only things I actually painted were the 3 new full sets.

Accents first!

   This first design started with a beautiful dress. As you might know, I have a ridiculous amount of clothing pinned on my Pinterest. I was looking for some nail-spiration quite a while ago (a year? more?) and I came across this lovely thing in my boards:


   Isn't it gorgeous?! I could never wear such a thing (I like to feel more clothed than I would feel in that), but it's just so pretty.


   I'm not sure what colors I used then, but if I made it now I would use Finger Paints Sketchy Character as the brown base and my creamy striper for the detail. Here's the listing.

   I'm pretty sure this one was inspired by a dress too - I kind of think somewhere around 1850-69, but I could be wrong. In my quick look I didn't find the dress. Whenever I have more time (and if I think of it) I will do a more thorough search.


   I have a little more of an idea of what I used for this one. I know the base was Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Sheer Vanilla over white. I don't have that color anymore though, so if I made it now I would use Revlon Colorstay Pale Cashmere, which is a very similar color. For the 'spears' I would use Finger Paints Sketchy Character and Nina Ultra Pro Beige-A Vu, with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch, probably. You can find this set here in my store.

   This is a somewhat more recent design - recent enough to be in this blog. It was part of my Doll Challenge, where I painted designs based off of the clothing of my American Girl Girls of Many Lands dolls.
   It was based off of this doll from Tudor England.



   They are such pretty dolls. Very detailed and pretty darn accurate, from what I know of fashions.


   For this design, I used CoverGirl Boundless Color Plum Pudding for the detail and on my other nails. For the base of the accent, I used my cream striper. That proved to be super time consuming and annoying (it took forever to cover my nail, forever to dry...), so I think I'll use Revlon Colorstay Pale Cashmere. It's a really close match to this as well. Here's the link to the listing.

   This is another older creation. I think it was inspired by a nail pin. I don't know which one, but if you ever look through my Pinterest boards you'll probably find it.


   For this one I originally used a white base (which would currently be Finger Paints Paper Mache). For the vine stem and flower petals I used a pink acrlylic paint. The leaves were made with a Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear (Mint Sorbet?). I don't have that color anymore, so I'd use Revlon Brilliant Strength Entice. You can find the set here in my shop.

   This one is a super recent design. I made it a few weeks ago for a customer to choose from in a custom order. She chose a different design, so I decided to go ahead an put up this design. (If I want to put a custom design up in my shop permanently, I like to wait a while before I do that since they have to pay so much extra for a custom set. It seems a little fairer that way to me.)


   I got this idea from some pins we both collected for design possibilities. ...Which I conveniently can't find to show you guys. I think I searched "triangle nails" or "geometric nails," I don't remember which.
   I used L'Oreal Walk on the Beach as the base. For the triangles I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cherry Red, China Glaze Recycle, China Glaze Pelican Grey, and Pure Ice Bikini. Then I outlined the triangles with my white striper (Stripe Rite). Here's the link to the listing.


   For the sake of space, I think I will quit here for now. This is all of the new accent sets. I'll blog about the new full sets tomorrow. I also have a fun new Easter design to show you guys too! I'm super excited about it and can't wait to blog about it.

   I hope you all have a fantastic Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment