Saturday, April 12, 2014

Sunflowers

   I have several things to show you this week! This is the first of three. (I don't want to make one post and have it be super long, so I'm dividing them up! And one of the designs might still be in progress...)
   I am sort of, but not really, deviating from my Etsy-to-Fingers Project (I keep changing the name, I know - I've always been terrible with names). I've recreated an older design that I painted on my toes for my brother's wedding.


   I really like it! Simple, yet pretty. And it helps that sunflowers are one of my favorite flowers! I originally wanted to put in some greenery on my pointer and ring fingers like on the original, but I just couldn't make it look right. After having it on for a whole day and sleeping on it, I like it best how it is. Maybe if I ever needed to dress it up I could add some swirly vines or something, but I really like it simple.


   This is the original. The green looks really nice in there with the sunflowers. But, in case you hadn't noticed, toes are really big! You can fit all sorts of stuff on them! Unlike fingernails. At least, mine at any rate.


   I bought some new polishes the other day, which is what brought about this design. I had wanted to recreate the toe design for Etsy for a while, but I had run out of the tan-ish color I had used (Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Sheer Vanilla over a white base). After looking around a bit, I settled for the color you see - Revlon Colorstay Pale Cashmere. I really like Revlon's Colorstay and Brilliant Strength Polishes. They go on really nicely and last pretty long.
   For the sunflowers I used another one of my favorites for the petals - Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch. I just really love those buttery yellows! For the centers of the sunflowers I used Finger Paints Sketchy Character. I applied them both with a small brush.
   Then to finish it off, I applied my new topcoat that I splurged on - Seche Vite. It's really nice and worth the $8 result wise. However, I'm not sure if I'll continue buying it. For one, $8 is a lot of money for one bottle, especially if you're cheap like me. The biggest issue for me though is the smell. It really stinks! It's super strong and hangs around. I might get used to it, we'll see....


   As I mentioned, I made this into an Etsy set. You can find it here, if you like. I might play around with it and add an option for swirly vines... I'm not sure yet! For now, it's just going to be simple.

   More updates to come! I've finally painted my toenails again, and I've got a couple commissions coming up too...

   I've had the entire weekend off for the first time in, well, probably ever, and it's been great! I've been busy sanding some chairs for my apartment next year. I'll be painting them white to match the base of my table. I'll have to take some before and after pictures to show you guys whenever I finish! I've got four to sand and paint, so I'm sure it will be a while.
   I hope you all have a marvelous weekend/week!

No comments:

Post a Comment