Thursday, May 22, 2014

Butterflies

   This week's edition of Etsy-to-Fingers is another old set from the beginnings of my nail shop. I never really liked the original set, but this newer version I like better.
   I can never decide if this design is a butterfly or a flower, so I just call it the butterfly flower! What do you guys think it is more like?



   I had plans to make a tutorial for this design, but I got carried away in the painting and only got as far as step three. Oops. Maybe I'll get a tutorial finished eventually. We'll see how that goes!


   I used my favorite base, Revlon Colorstay Pale Cashmere. To make the wings/petals I outlined the basic shape with my black Stripe Rite striper. Then I filled it in with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow, and sponged Nina Ultra Pro Tangerine about halfway up. Then I went over the black outline again and made the bottom of each petal a little thicker than the top line, and filled in the top corner (all with my striper). Next I added white dots , and then sealed everything with my top coat, Seche Vite.


   You can find the listing here in my Etsy.
   I know last week I promised a new design on my toes, but I don't really like how it turned out. Hopefully I'll have time to redo them next week. I might not though; I'm going on vacation starting Wednesday! That only leaves me until Tuesday to paint, and I'm working a lot this weekend... I'll at least have a new finger nail design next week!

   I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment