Friday, May 16, 2014

Strawberries

   I had time to paint my nails this week after all! I had an unexpected day off, so that gave me time to finish everything early and get my own painted. They are the promised strawberries, which is another installment in my Etsy-to-Fingers project.
(Pardon the pictures, the color is a little wonky; it's been raining practically all week so my lighting has been terrible!)


    Overall, I'm satisfied. I had different plans for the leaves, but they weren't cooperating. They work well enough though!


   I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Cherry Red for my red base. I made the seeds by first making white dots with polish from my Stripe Rite striper, then going over the white with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Mellow Yellow. For the leaves I also painted with white first, to make sure the color comes out brightly over top the red. Then I painted over the white with L'Oreal New Money. After that I thinned out some of Revlon Parfumerie Balsam Fir with OPI's polish thinner to paint the outlines on the leaves. Then I sealed it all with my fancy Seche Vite top coat!


   I think it's funny that out of all of my designs, I've gotten the most comments from this design. Strawberries are just cute and summery! And I'm sure the bright red helps it to be noticed more too.
   As I mentioned, these are an Etsy set. This is one of the first sets I listed, back when I first decided to sell fake nails. The design looks a little different now, but it's basically the same. You can find the listing here in my shop.
   I painted my toes again, so I should have another update for you sometime next week, once I get around to taking pictures of them.

   I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment