Monday, June 16, 2014

Disney Princesses #3: Pocahontas

   This week's Princess challenge didn't go as planned. I had originally planned on going in backwards order, newest to oldest, but Friday didn't go as planned. My planned Merida design wasn't looking too great, so instead of redoing two nails, I did the obvious thing and repainted all of my nails with a completely different design. Makes sense, right?
   So I started painting my Pocahontas design. I had wanted to do that one to start with, which is probably why Merida was looking like garbage. ...But, by this time I had sat much longer than I had planned and so was a little squirmy. (Watching movies/TV helps me from getting impatient, but if it gets to going longer than I had prepared myself for I get squirmy and my art skills start going downhill.) Pocahontas didn't go the way I had planned. It's not bad, but I was expecting better.
   Anyway, all this just say that, while Pocahontas isn't bad, it's not what I had hoped to show you guys. I might redo it sometime later.


   The stripes didn't turn out like I wanted, but whatever. The chevrons are based off of her dress. I put her necklace on my thumb (you can't not include that in a Pocahontas design!). My middle finger is a bit more abstract. I based it off of the Colors of the Wind scene, with all the different colored leaves and whatnot.


My base was Maybelline Color Show Neutral Statement, and the chevron was made with more layers than I thought of Revlon Colorstay Pale Cashmere.  For the necklace I used Flower Good Bud-dy and Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Pumping Iron for the pendant. My middle finger was based off of this tutorial by The Nailasaurus. I'll need to practice it some more, but it's a really neat design.


   Despite my slight dislike of this design, I did go ahead and make it into an Etsy set. It did turn out better the second time around, so that was good. You can find the set here in my shop.


    Sadly, Pocahontas was just such an exhausting and aggravating ordeal that I just never could like it, so I repainted my nails last night. I think that's the shortest I've ever had something on my nails! Merida should be up in a few days. From now on, I'm going to go in backwards order like I originally planned!

   I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment