Sunday, June 8, 2014

Frozen Nails Part II - Elsa

   As promised, here's Elsa-inspired nails. ...And another shocking secret; in addition to not being in love with Frozen, Elsa is not my favorite. I totally get that everyone loves her because she has that song that everyone loves and sings (it's more than that, I know), but I just don't relate to her. Let's face it, I've already admitted that I like the movie best for it's costumes.
   Speaking of costumes, here are the two Elsa-gowns I was inspired by:


   You can't help but like Elsa's ice dress, it's so sparkly and pretty. My only beef is that, being my fashion history buff self, I can't help but be distracted that it doesn't really fit at all stylistically or historically with everyone else. Especially with that giant thigh-high slit. But then again, when is Disney ever historically accurate?
    On a side note, I loved Anna and Elsa's hair for the coronation. I'm a sucker for that sort of hairstyle. I can't help it!


   There's not much to draw from for Elsa's ice dress, so I just did some icy/wintery sparkles on top of a blue base (Pure Ice Bikini).


   My middle finger was inspired by the bodice on her coronation gown. Much simpler than Anna's, but still pretty. I really liked the color and the stripey-diamond things at her collar. As I mentioned in Part I, I was super glad that Elsa's gowns were simpler since I painted this with my left hand. It looks a little wonky, but you can't really tell. It's probably just me being picky.


   When I was going through the pictures and weeding out the bad ones, I thought it was funny that my right hand (Anna) turned out bright and almost sunny, and my left hand (Elsa) turned out more blue and cold. I didn't try to do that, but it was really neat!


   I did make both the Elsa and the Anna designs into Etsy sets. I've decided that, in order to give myself a break from Etsy-to-Fingers, I'm going to finally get around to painting Disney Princess/character inspired designs like I've been wanting to pretty much since I first started getting serious with nail art. I'm going to make them into Etsy sets as well, because I think they'd be a nice thing to have in my shop. I'd buy them, anyway!
   You can find the Elsa nails here, and the Anna nails here.

   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment