Sunday, July 20, 2014

Watercolor Floral

    I've had my toes newly repainted for about two weeks now, I just have been too distracted by Princess nails to post about them! I was inspired by a pretty print I found lost in a board on my Pinterest.


   I was cleaning out some boards and found this one and knew I had to paint it! I started with one of my favorite bases, Revlon Colorstay Pale Cashmere.


   I thinned out the polishes I used for the flowers and leaves to give it more of the watercolor effect. I used L'Oreal He Red My Mind for the reddish flowers. The yellow flowers are made from Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch. The brown flowers and brown insides were made with a very thinned out Finger Paints Sketchy Character, and the leaves with Revlon Parfumerie Balsam Fir.


   This was super easy to make! Once the polish is thinned out, I just blobbed the polish on in flower-like shapes. I tried to make it mostly yellow flowers so it wouldn't be too bright or dark. Then I filled in the empty spaces with green leaves.


   As has seemingly become the norm, I have made this in to and Etsy set! I really like how it turned out and am super excited to paint it on my own nails. You can find it here in my shop.

   I painted my Jasmine nails yesterday! I hope to have a post up sometime this week. I have, quite fittingly, ventured in to a 'whole new world' of nails, 3D nails! I'm super excited to show them to you all!

  I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment