Friday, August 1, 2014

Disney Princess Challenge #9: Belle

   This week's Princess is my favorite! Beauty and the Beast has been one of my favorite fairy tales for as long as I can remember. I'm sure part of it when I was younger was just a little influenced by the giant library the Beast gave Belle. Just a smidge. I just like the story, mostly.
   I didn't quite know what I wanted to paint for Belle's design, despite having it 'all planned out'. I knew I wanted to have some of the stained glass, but other than that, nothing else was really jumping out at me. I ended up just painting the stained glass nail and running around with the other nails solid yellow for a day before it hit me. Simpler was better, but just yellow was too simple. I added a couple roses and it was perfect!


   I absolutely love this design! I'm sure it helps that I really like Beauty and the Beast and flowers... My yellow base was Revlon Colorstay Buttercup. (Have I ever mentioned that I really like that brand?) For the roses I used Finger Paints Paint Me Happy and Plum Perspective as my bases, and added various amounts of white to get all the different shades. For the leaves I used L'Oreal New Money as the base and Revlon Parfumerie Balsam Fir for the darker flecks.


   The stained glass ended up being easier than I expected. Not that it wasn't difficult (because it sure was!), but just not as difficult. I started with a base of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Barracuda and outlined my nail in Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch. To make the rose, I started with Finger Paints Paint Me Happy for the petals and L'Oreal New Money for the leaves and stem. Next, I made the black stained glass lines with my Stripe Rite Striper. (I found that it was easier to fill in the lighter pink and darker green after making the stained glass lines.) Then I sealed it all with a top coat!


   This is available in my Etsy store, you can find it here.


   Up next is Ariel! I'm not 100% sure what I want to paint for her yet either, so it'll be a surprise to you and me!

   I hope you all have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment