Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bouquet

   This week I had 100% planned to start painting Fall designs. I'm so excited for it! ...But then I found a really cute pin. And you know how that goes! So I'll start fall next week. This week is based of this pin:


   Isn't that pretty? I gave it a brown background on my nails. I'm not a huge fan of lots of black, so I don't use it as a base unless it really is best.


   I've never really done anything like this, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. I started with a brown base, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Branch Out. You can't really see it here, but it has a very slight sheen that looks really pretty.


   To make the leaves and flowers I started with white so that all of the colors would show up on top of the brown. I made just the basic stem (a slight s curve), the two roses, and some leaves to start with. I found that if I tried much more than that I lost track of what was what. Once I painted over the white I added in more leaves and flowers, starting with white again.


The colors I used are:
   Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch (yellow flowers)
   A mix of L'Oreal Orange You Jealous and Finger Paints Paper Mache (roses)
   L'Oreal Orange You Jealous (flower highlights)
   Revlon Colorstay Buttercup (light puffball flowers)
   Revlon Colorstay Spanish Moss (leaves)


 I hope you guys have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment