Monday, March 16, 2015

Illuminated (Again)

   The illumination book strikes again! I've yet to try out any actual illumination, but I'm still in love with the pictures in my how-to book. This week (I'm finally caught up!), I was inspired by one of the corner details in a border illumination shown in the book.


   There was actually a lot more to the detail, but I liked this little quarter of it best for my design. It was a pretty flower-like deisgn, with these pointier petals around the outside (it had some softer, round inside petals that were small).


   To make this design, I started out with Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Jungle Gem. Then I thinned out a little bit of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Barracuda, to make it a little easier to create the thin lines of the petals. For the yellow insides and dots, I used Revlon Colorstay Buttercup.


   I think I'm going to have to turn to the calligraphy book more often for my inspiration, it has such pretty designs! I might also put this set up in my shop; I think it might go over well.

   I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment