Monday, May 11, 2015

Starfish

   This week is inspired by Lilly Pulitzer! My roommate recently got me hooked on her. I could never afford anything, but the patterns sure are pretty!


   I thought this print was so cute!


   To make the "ocean waves" background, I started with a white base. I used Revlon Colorstay Sure Thing. Next, thin out a sea green and a blue; I used Revlon Brilliant Strength Entice and L.A. Colors In A Flash. You can also add a little shimmer too. I added a tiny bit of Pure Ice Splash to give it a subtle light blue shimmer.


   Here's a close up of it. You want it to be really thin, like you're using watercolors.
   To make the starfish, I started by painting the basic shape with white acrylic paint. Next, I thinned out some of OPI Aloha from OPI and painted it over the white. I used Revlon Colorstay Buttercup for yellow inside the starfish, and then painted the dots with Aloha.


   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment