Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Tangled

   I absolutely love the movie Tangled! It's definitely my favorite "official" Disney Princess movie. (Enchanted is my all time favorite, but Giselle isn't an official princess. Especially since she didn't actually end up marrying the prince....) I love her murals on the tower wall, so I wanted to come back and try to paint them. Here's some of my inspiration:


   I never painted her sun on either of my other sets, so I started with that knowing I wanted to fit it in, if only so people would know that this is a Rapunzel design. :)


   I started with a base of China Glaze White Ice. I've used up almost all of Orly Pink Nude, so this is my replacement!
   To make the sun, I started by painting the middle and then the flames with Revlon Colorstay Buttersup, using a dotter and small brush. Then using a really thin brush and some very thinned out OPI I Vant To Bite Your Neck, I outlined the sun and then painted in the background, leaving it a little streaky. (FYI, an effect that looks cool on your left hand does not look so great on your right...)


   Forgive me if I don't go into detail with the rest of the nails... Suffice to say that I used small, thin brushes and various shades of purples and browns, with a little bit of blue-green. My pointer is based off the first picture in my post, the one with the fish. My ring finger is based off the design on her mirror in the second picture.


   My thumb was based off some of the pretty birds that were scattered throughout the tower. I loved the curlicue head feathers on the short bird, so I had to paint him.

   I was going to show you my left hand, but as I mentioned earlier, the streaked purple design looked terrible on my left hand....

   I'm heading to my best friend's wedding tomorrow, so I might be silent for a few days...
   I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment