Friday, July 31, 2015

African Inspiration

   My Aunt recently went to Zimbabwe and brought me back the prettiest little painted tile.


   I loved the design and had to paint it on my nails!



   I started with a base of Finger Paints Far Out Fuschsia. For my right hand, I simply used white and black acrylic paint.
   For the branches, I started with a grey, China Glaze Pelican Grey.  Then I painted a streaky layer of brown, Nina Ultra Pro Beige A-Vu. For the leaves I used a mix of green, L'Oreal New Money, and yellow, Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Butterscotch. Then I outlined it all in black acrylic paint.


   To make the quails, I started with black acrylic paint and a dotting tool. Next I drew out the shape of the neck and head with white acrylic paint, and then used blue, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Blue Me Away. Then I used various amounts of red, yellow, and white polish, I painted the beak and wattle, as well as the spots and eyes. Then I outlined the quails in black as well.


   To make it more like the tile, here are the two designs together!

   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment