Sunday, September 27, 2015

Blue Leaves

   It's been awhile again, I know. School has kept me busy, and when I'm home I feel like all I do is sleep... My cousin is also leaving for the army tomorrow, so I've been trying to spend as much time with him as I can before he ships off, too. I do have quite a few updates for you all though!

   First, let me say I love school! It is so much fun and the people are great. It's so exciting to be able to do what I love all day. It's just a great atmosphere at school; everyone loves what they are doing, and all of the teachers really want you to succeed (as do the clients that come into the school). I just love it!


   (Sorry for the less-than-stellar photos; I took these at school with my phone because I kept forgetting to take pictures when I was at home!)
   One of my fellow students had this pretty blue gel - part of the Gelish Cinderella collection. It has a subtle glitter in it that is just so pretty! While searching for what to paint on top of it, I came across this pattern. I loved the leaf design and knew that was what I wanted, with a few modifications. :) I painted the design with acrylic paint and my thinnest brush.


   We all use gel (or at least a gel top coat on top of regular polish) on our nails, so that the acetone doesn't take off our manicure every time we have a client. It makes compete sense, but it was definitely something that I had never thought of. I'm learning a lot of new techniques and it is great! I'm so excited to graduate and start doing what I love.

   I hope you all have a fantastic week!

No comments:

Post a Comment